Saturday, 17 October 2009
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
4 Eggs (beaten)
1. Line and butter a deep 10 inch cake tin and set oven temperature at moderate.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light, white and fluffy.
3. Add beaten eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla essence
5. Sift the flour and baking powder and fold in gently .
5. Place mixture into the prepared cake tin, smooth top and bake in a moderate oven 180-190°C for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer pulls clean from the middle of the cake.
6. The cake should shrink from the sides of the tin when cooked. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate as desired