- 100g Butter
- 175g Caster sugar
- 75g Muscovada Brown Sugar
- 125g Chocolate (plain or milk)
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract/ Essence
- 100g Plain (all purpose) Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas mark 4).Put the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan and melt gently on a low eat until smooth and lump- free.Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a small mixing bowl and whisk with the fork until light and frothy.Add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and cocoa to the melted chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Indulge yourself with these delicious desserts If you like, add a handful of roughly chopped walnuts to the mixture.I coated my brownies with icing sugar .These chocolate brownies are , especially when eaten warm from the oven with a cold milk..