I baked this cookie for Christmas and brought along to in law house where the Christmas party celebrated and I have no words to describe the pleasant moment we share not forgettable the cookie,the reaction after they ate and then the appreciation from everyone even from the little one.Everyone really enjoyed the nutty and smooth cookies.Im so happy and really happy.hehehehe.
- 1/2pound (2 sticks)~ Butter
- 1/2cup ~ Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1teaspoon ~ Vanilla extract
- 1/4cup ~ Ground blanched almonds
- 1 2/3cups ~ All-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar (Powdered sugar)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, mixing well. Add almonds and flour,thoroughly incorporating.
2. Using walnut-size pieces of dough, shape into a crescent and place on a tray lined with a baking parchment. Bake 20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.