I baked a cake using this recipe before oops.. sorry steamed before it called Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake but the owner of the recipe,herself said it could be baked too.So gave a tried.For the first time I used my mini silicone cupcake to baked these cakes and significantly these mini cupcakes hold an enormous amount of creative potential which never stopped me from baking and thinking more about it. Mini Chocolate Cake
- 94g unsalted butter
- 113g castor sugar
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten with a folk
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup of good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line mini muffin tin with a dozen cupcake papers.
(A) Combine castor sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Do NOT boil it. Once all ingredients are melted, turn off the fire and leave it on the stove to cool.
(B) In the meantime, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
4. Once (A) is cooled, add the beaten eggs in and mix thoroughly. Finally, pour the eggy mixture into the flour and stir till well combined. The final batter should be runny.
5. Evenly fill the cupcake liners just over half full with the batter and bake for 10-15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.You're done.
6. Cool the cupcake in a cooling rack before turning out for further decoration.
Chocolate ganache Topping (Optional)
- 1/4 can~ condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp ~ vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ~ vegetable oil
- 10g ~ cocoa powder, sifted
- Small pinch of salt
1.Combine the sifted cocoa powder, condensed milk and oil. Stir over low heat till the mixture thickens (keep stirring all the time). Add in salt and vanilla extract.
2.Cool the chocolate mixture for a little while.
3.Dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes into the frosting. Let cakes stand on rack until frosting is completely set.
4.Decorate per your choice.I used some sugar strands and pink m&m to finished my cupcake.