While scrolling for some easy step sweet, I got the idea from one of the blog in blog world unfortunately I forgot to save the blog name.I thought the process of making this Pedha was so easy, even a novice cook can whip up one in a very short time. And it has a great taste too.I used a ready made khoya which widely available at North Indian grocery shop in here.But sometime later I will experiment make khoya by myself..
- 425g ~ Ricotta Cheese OR 200g ~ Khoya
- 1 tbsp ~ Pure Ghee
- 1 Cup ~ Milk
- 100g ~ Sugar
- 2pinch ~ Saffron
- 1tsp ~ Cardamom Powder
- Almond/ Pistachio Pieces
If you have ready made Khoya, proceed from step 2
If you have Ricotta Cheese, then start from Step 1
1) Heat a nonstick pan. Add 1 tbsp Ghee and Ricotta Cheese. Stir on medium heat. Within 2-3 minutes, it will start melting and after 10-15 minutes, it will start thickening. Keep stirring, otherwise Ricotta cheese could stick to the pan. Slowly, it will become thick; it will take approximately 25-30 minutes. In this process, liquid content in Ricotta cheese evaporated and starts converting into Khoya. Ricotta Cheese should be thick in consistency and should form a ball. Knead this khoya gently after it cool down.
2) Before making Pedha, mix Saffron into Milk. Put Khoya into nonstick pan. Add sugar. Stir on medium heat. The mixture will start melting. Add milk and keep stirring on medium low flame. This mixture will start thickening. Add Cardamom Powder and mix well. Keep stirring until it forms thick consistency ball.
3) Let the mixture become luke warm. Grease hand palms with little ghee and make marble sized balls. Garnish with Almond and Pistachio Pieces.
1) Add pinch of edible Color to make Pedha Colorful.
2) Sweetness of Pedha increases a little after one day, so adjust the quantity of sugar.