Nowadays pineapple is one of the fruit which is always have on our shopping list..Pineapple are very delicious on their own.Although I always thought to make this caramalised pineapple recipe of my favorite Chef Nigella Lawson.Which is waiting on my to do list for long long time.But end up,we ate it like that or add on salad coz of laziness.kekeke;-).
At last I tried this inspiring pineapple dish on last Sunday.It was very pleasant to eat it with the hot chocolate sauce.However its not my cuppa.I rather love it as it is.Caramelized Pineapple with Hot Chocolate Sauce by Nigella Lawson
1 ripe Pineapple approx.
250g Demerara sugar (I added 150g)
120ml Double cream
200g Dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 14 bamboo skewers soaked in cold water to stop them catching fire in the heat of the barbecue or grillPreheat the grill or barbecue.
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and, working vertically, slice the skin off the fruit. Cut into quarters and then into about three pieces again lengthways so that you have wedges of pineapple. Cut out the woody core and thread the wedges on to the soaked bamboo skewers lengthways and arrange these in a shallow dish.
- Put the chocolate, broken up into pieces, into a thick-bottomed pan along with the Malibu and melt over a low heat. Then, stirring, pour in the cream, plus any juice that has gathered from the fruit. When the sauce is thick, smooth and hot, pour into a bowl with a ladle, or enough little bowls to give one per person.
- Lay the pineapple kebabs on a sheet of foil and either grill or barbecue the pineapple, thickly coating it with demerara sugar first, until it caramelises and scorches in the heat.
- Take off the barbecue and lay them on a large plate and let everyone take them as they want, dipping the pineapple skewers into the hot chocolate sauce as they eat.