Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!Phew..It's another week again.
The lemon cooking is continue,actually this is the last lemon left in my fridge after the previous usage.Eventually I bake this delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake especially for my friendd.In fact,I brought along while I went to visit her few weeks ago and spend some precious times with her.There is nothing special I'm afraid but I knew she love my homemade cake.
I doesn't know what's happened to me nowadays.It's seems the lemon made me some kind of wierd feels.Yes indeed!!I love the irresistible citrusty scent a lot.The crusty bits of the cake surface were a real treat,its simply elevating my taste sense.
LEMON-POPPY SEED POUND CAKE By My Recipes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used 3/4cup)
- 1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Method: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 teaspoon flour. Set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add egg whites and egg, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon rind and vanilla. Lightly spoon 1 2/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 2/3 cups flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Poke holes in top of cake using a skewer. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; brush over warm cake. Cool completely.
Thank you for being here!!!Love